Hayley Gascoigne: Mum-of-four dies after collapsing at court

By on January 28, 2017
Hayley Gascoigne: Mum-of-four dies after collapsing at court

Hayley Gascoigne: Mum-of-four dies after collapsing at court

Hayley Gascoigne, in her 20s, died moments after being given a ruling in court, during shocking scenes which brought Hull Crown Court to a standstill.

Hayley Gascoigne, a former Grimsby College student, died with her mother and father at her side after being given a ruling in court in shocking scenes at Hull Crown Court.

Barristers involved in her case publicly wept as they witnessed her collapse.

Her mother called for help.

The Judge in the case was said to be “very disturbed.” Two members of court security were called with a first aider who ran to the scene. This was quickly followed by a GeoAmey guard while her barrister dialled 999.

A single paramedic arrived to take over efforts to save her life at 2.40pm.

Three police officers stood by as a further four emergency paramedics arrived. They were told she was normally fit and well.

Court staff moved in to set up a series of screens. A man in his 20s, who had a mobile phone in his hand, was accused of taking a photograph of the scene and was ordered to delete it.

The girl’s visibly distressed mother and father were comforted as the rescue operation continued.

Two court rooms were brought to a standstill as the defendants were ordered out of the building.

After 40 minutes Ms Gascoigne was taken by one of three ambulances waiting outside to Hull Royal Infirmary.

She was later confirmed to have died.

Ms Gascogine, from Scunthorpe, was a former pupil of Foxhills Comprehensive and studied at Grimsby College.

A High Court order was put in place to prevent the reporting of her death until 9pm today by Judge Jeremy Richardson QC at a hearing of the High Court sitting in Hull at 5pm.

He said: “I make an order banning what has taken place until 9pm. I do so in the welfare interests of her children. The do not need to learn it from the press.”

Four Humberside Police officers immediately began an investigation at the scene

Police will prepare a file for the Hull and East Yorkshire Coroner.

About Staff

To contact the editors responsible for this story: [email protected]

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *